Sunday, October 19, 2014

I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey.



At many points in my timeline I managed to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show quite a few times.  Certainly too many times to remember.  The very first time I saw one of the best audience participation movies (probably just about ALL the times I have seen it) Rickster Rick was right by my side.



  Not knowing what to expect we went in and of course sat in the back row.  A few minutes after that I realized I wouldn't be able to see the movie very well because I left my glasses in the car.  At the time I only needed glasses to drive and for VERY distant viewing which included seeing movies.  We decided to move closer to the front so we now were approximately in the middle of the theater.




  With about five minutes to go before the start of the show two young ladies entered the theater and sat in the back row.  They were almost in the very seats we had occupied a few minutes prior.  The "actors" (RHPS faithful will know what I mean) noticed them and for a minute or two they verbally assaulted the "virgins" (again, you either KNOW what I mean or you don't) until the beginning credits began.  With a big sigh of relief we watched the opening moments of what I could call another life changing experience.





  If you've never seen it I seriously suggest you try to find out where it still plays.  Of course you could always come over to my house and see a private viewing and get your cherry popper good and proper.  If You Dare!    

No comments:

Post a Comment